Lots of people track calories and macros.
MyFitnessPal alone has more than 165 million users!
Unfortunately, most of them fail in the long-term.
Cronometer tracks your micronutrients. But what do you do with all that data? How do you know which foods you should be eating more or less of to improve your nutrition?
You could just load up on handfuls of supplements, but they may just end up in the toilet due to poor absorption or because they are in excess of your requirements.
What you need to know is which foods will provide the nutrients that you’re currently lacking.
Each person has a unique micronutrient fingerprint based on their current eating habits. And like a lock and a key, each individual has a unique short list of foods that will provide a targeted nutritional solution towards filling in any nutrient gaps.
How to know which foods are right for YOU!
There is an endless debate about the right macronutrient balance (i.e. carbs, fat and protein).
Meanwhile, others promote the virtues of a particular nutrient, supplement or superfood. But you may be wasting your money if you have no idea which nutrients you need.
Different groups people believe you should eat plant-based, go paleo, low carb, gluten free, vegan or keto. But regardless of your approach, you can still find a way to eat nutrient poor hyper palatable foods that will ensure you don’t achieve your goals.
Trends and diet fads come and go. However, the diet and macronutrient wars become largely irrelevant once you balance your diet at a micronutrient level with whole foods.
The chart below shows the essential nutrients that you would get if you at just a little bit of all of the eight thousand foods in the USDA food database. The essential nutrients at the bottom of the chart are easy to obtain in adequate quantities. It’s the nutrients at the top of the chart that we need to pay attention to.
The chart below shows the nutrients we would get if we ate the most nutrient poor, insulinogenic and energy dense foods available. These are ’empty calories’ that will leave us craving for more nutrients which will drive us to overeat.
Meanwhile, the chart below shows the micronutrients that you can obtain in your diet if you prioritise the foods that contain the nutrients that are typically harder to get (represented by the red bars).
The contrast between the charts demonstrates how our food choices make a massive difference to the nutritional quality of our diet!
The Nutrient Optimiser
The Nutrient Optimiser will help you prioritise your limited funds and calories on the foods and supplements that will improve the quality of your diet.
While the Nutrient Optimiser always optimises nutrient density, it also considers insulin load and energy density to help you normalise blood sugars and manage your energy intake without having to count calories.
Marty Kendall’s Nutrient Optimiser is the only tool that will tell YOU:
- which foods in YOUR cupboard you should eat more often,
- which ones YOU should throw out, and
- which new foods YOU should consider trying.
How do I sign up?
What will my report contain?
Your personalised Nutrient Optimiser report will contain:
- a detailed discussion of your goals and priorities based on your blood sugars, % body fat, current food intake, personal preferences and any other health conditions;
- your micronutrient fingerprint based on your current diet (logged in Cronometer) which highlights the essential nutrients that you should consider boosting;
- an analysis of your key micronutrient ratios, including:
- omega 3:omega 6,
- calcium:magnesium, and
- your recommended short list of nutrients to prioritise;
- shortlist of your current foods that you should be eating more of;
- shortlist of foods you should be eating less of;
- optimised food lists to tailored to your various goals (e.g. weight loss, pre or post workout and day to day maintenance);
- an assessment of your current macronutrient ratios (in grams, gram/lean body mass and % calories);
- an assessment of the protein adequacy of your diet in view of your current goals (e.g. therapeutic ketosis, weight loss or bodybuilding);
- your current insulin load and insulinogenic calories (which are helpful if you need to manage your blood sugars or a therapeutic ketogenic diet);
- target calories to achieve your desired rate of weight loss or weight gain based on your recent energy intake and rate of weight loss;
- calculation of your potential renal acid load to help you manage metabolic acidosis;
- your nutrient density on a day to day basis, and
- an analysis of your most nutrient dense day and the least nutrient dense day the help you reflect on your current habits.
Join the community
Knowledge is power, but many people require support and accountability to succeed in the long term, so we are building a community of like-minded people who are on a similar journey.
Join the Nutrient Optimiser Facebook Group to your journey with others. Learn from others who have gone before so you can give back and support others on their journey in the long term.
You should make an app for that!
We are also developing an automated online tool and eventually a mobile app to help you to progressively optimise your nutrition and continue to move towards your goals. Register to receive updates as the beta version becomes available to trial and provide feedback on.
Growing with you
Importantly, the Nutrient Optimiser will adapt with you as you progress towards optimal. For example:
- If you are managing diabetes, insulin resistance or a condition that could benefit from therapeutic ketosis (such as Alzheimers, dimentia, epilepsy or cancer), the Nutrient Optimiser will train you to reduce the insulin load of your diet and optimise your blood glucose levels, insulin and ketone levels.
- If you still want to lose weight the Nutrient Optimiser algorithm will help you fine tune the energy density of your diet.
- If all goes well, down the road the Nutrient Optimiser can support you as you start to lift heavy or develop as an endurance athlete which requires a different appraoch.
- For those just aiming for health and longevity, the Nutrient Optimiser will help you get the nutrients you need without too much energy.
Where to from here?
- Read the Nutrient Optimiser frequently asked questions for more detail.
- Check out the leaderboard to see what it takes to make it to the top.
- Watch and listen over at the media page to presentations and interviews explaining the Nutrient Optimiser.
- Join the Marty Kendall’s Nutrient Optimiser Facebook Group share the journey.
- Check out the example reports to see how the Nutrient Optimiser has helped others.
- Read all the posts over at Optimising Nutrition blog that have been integrated into the Nutrient Optimiser multi-criteria algorithm.
- Fill out the application form and start your Nutrient Optimiser journey towards optimal nutrition.
Seriously, this stuff is amazing! You guys with an engineering background are dismantling the bullshit in a stunning fashion.